Sunday, December 25, 2005

emotional values of a design

A few weeks back I made this design, printed it on a T-shirt, and presented it to our boss, at his farewell party- on behalf of our team.

(me, raghav,sridhar, kishore,pavan, satya, mathew, JV, Aby, Arun, KK)

After giving it I asked him if the size of the Tshirt was right for him. He said it didnt matter as he did'nt have any plans to wear it. I was slightly disappointed by that. He is not going to wear the Tshirt that I made especially for him, after a lot of thought and taking all the efforts.
He continued with a shy smile, " I won't be able to show this to my grand children if I wear it. "

Only then i knew how much he valued it. I was really touched. I dont think will be able to forget the lesson that incident taught me.- For me it was just a design, but for him that was a momento that he will preserve till his lastday - as a treasure-with found memories of the days he spend with us and the company.

Note to self: Always take extreme care when you design something- It might be just another design for you, but the moment it leaves your hands, it will have values and heavy emotions attached to it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design...I will use it sometime(ofcourse with our fotos)!

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo is brilliant.

Keep it up dude!!!!

You Rock!!

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home